A big part of my life is dedicated to fitness. I love being active and eating healthy because it makes me feel good about myself and I know that I am only helping my body in the long run. Leading a healthy lifestyle now will help ensure that I can continue to be healthy as I grow older! 🙂
I found a fun post from Ashley over at My Food and Fitness Diaries that talks about all things fitness. As I was reading, I was already thinking about what my favorite things are. I hope you enjoy reading!
Five Fitness Things I Can’t Live Without
- Headphones for my iPod! I have been known to forget this precious item. I currently own about five pairs of headphones from various trips to the gym where I forgot them and had to purchase new ones at the nearest store. 😉
- Brooks Ghost Shoes. After being a dedicated Asics runner, I tried the Ghost 5 last summer and went through two pairs as I trained for my first half marathon! I haven’t been injured or uncomfortable since wearing this shoe.
- Bobby pins to keep my bangs out of my face.
- Foam roller. I do need to be more consistent, though!
- Neon colored shirts & sports bras. My closet looks like a rainbow!
Most Embarrassing Song I Listen To While Working Out
With a little bit of a twist (it’s a remix with Pitbull), I love to listen to Michael Jackson’s “Bad”! When he sings,
“And The Whole World Has To
Answer Right Now
Just To Tell You Once Again,
Who’s Bad . . .”
I am literally asking myself that question! Who’s bad? I’M BAD! I’M KICKING SERIOUS BUTT OVER HERE WHILE I WORK OUT! YAY! GO ME! 🙂
Favorite Pre-Workout Snack or Meal
On a busy school or work day, I will wake up early and have an easy on the go granola bar while I get dressed to run.
In every runner’s handbook/magazine/article I’ve ever read, I don’t think either of these count as a quality pre-run snack. But they work for me! When I get back, I will have scrambled eggs or oatmeal. And I always eat a banana!
Peanut butter & banana on toast is my favorite pre-RACE food! Also, I should probably be more aware of what I look like when I take pictures. Or consider how the world wide web will see me as I post this photo. No shame.
On My Fitness Bucket List
- Run a marathon!
- Get my personal trainer certification.
- Run a 1:30 half marathon.
- Learn how to do crow pose!
Must Have Tech Tools
- My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone. There are so many varying opinions about counting calories, but I simply like to keep track of what I eat. It makes me more mindful. If you know me, you know I have a major sweet tooth!
- Map My Run or Nike+ Sportwatch GPS to log my miles!
Top Exercise Gear
- Puma socks. Cushion-y and tall enough to cover my heel. I hate when the sock slouches down and I get a blister!
- Nike Free. Perfect for cross training and lifting!
- “If it was easy, everyone would do it.”
- “You’re not going to get the ass you want by sitting on the one you have.”
- “Love your legs for what they can do, not just how they look.“
- “I’m busy getting stronger.”
And one that popped out of my mouth while teaching a Spin class one day:
“YOU are tired but your legs are not! Keep going!”
Favorite Cardio Exercise
- Hip Hop Cardio
Favorite Strength Moves
- Bent over barbell row
- Lateral pulldown
- Weighted squats
- Squat jumps (Oh how they burn!)
– Tell me a thing or two about your fitness life! 🙂