September 10: 10 items off your bucket list. If you haven’t made one, now’s a good time to start!
Three years ago, when this blog originally started, one of the tabs at the top said “Bucket List”. That page is private in my settings now and when I just went to look at it to see what was on the list, the page had the words “Under Construction”. After a quick search of my Mac, I realized that my Bucket List no longer exists! My best friend in high school and I wrote buckets lists the summer after our freshman year of college. I know there were a few items on that list that I have accomplished like becoming a Spinning instructor and running a half marathon, but I really am not sure what else I put on there!
I like to think that my hopes and dreams and goals have shifted as I “grew up” in college, so it might be better to rewrite my list anyways. 😉 Now, I would include:
1. Run one race every year in a new-to-me city. This will give me the chance to race, which I love to do, and see new parts of the U.S.! I really want to go to Colorado to see the mountains and I really want to go to the West Coast! The furthest west I have been is Las Vegas, and all I did was fly to Las Vegas, spend a few days there, and fly back home. So I need to explore!
2. Own a beach house.
3. Read the Bible (I’m working on this now!).
4. Compete in a triathalon. This particular event made my list because I love to run and I love to bike, but after years of swim lessons and even a year of swim class in high school, I still hold my nose when I swim. Sigh. Breathing through my nose (or whatever you call it) underwater freaks me out!
5. Ride a Skycoaster or parasail with my brother, Jake. He LOVES the adrenaline of heights and has been on the Skycoaster many times, but I am so afraid! I have previously promised, and consequently broken my promise, to do something crazy like this with him. Luckily, that doesn’t hold him back!
6. Attend a blog conference.
7. Be published somewhere. I love to write and I would love to make it a career in some way…I am just not sure what way yet. 🙂
8. Learn how to sew or knit. I want to make things. Hahaha
9. Grow a garden (once I move out of the city)!
10. Travel outside the U.S. The only places I have been are Mexico and Canada, which I suppose count as leaving the country, but there are so many places I want to see. SO. MANY. Maybe I should make this bucket list item “backpack across Europe” or something of the sort so I can see a lot all at once. 🙂
What’s on your life list?